Exeter Baking Club’s Citrus Biscuits
Members of the Exeter Baking Club got together earlier today for an afternoon of biscuit baking!
We had picked out a recipe at our previous meeting and each brought along some of the ingredients (and thankfully everyone remembered everything…if you ignore my dash to Tesco for an orange).
It was a lovely, fun afternoon and was a nice change from our usual meetings. The biscuits turned out wonderfully and I think we made plenty of people in the building jealous with the lovely citrus smell that was being spread around the place!
Unfortunately, I was a bit of an idiot and forgot my camera. So all the photos are taken using my phone. I apologise.
Citrus Cream Clouds
180g unsalted butter
1tsp grated lime zest
80g icing sugar
225g plain flour
For the filling:
125g unsalted butter
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp grated orange zest
1tsp grated lemon zest
160g icing sugar
- For the dough, beat the butter, lime zest and icing sugar together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in the flour and cornflour to make a dough, then knead until smooth. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 mins
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two or three baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Roll out half the dough between two sheets of non-stick baking paper. Using a flower shaped biscuit cutter, cut out 18 4cm shapes
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut out 18 6cm shapes. Places the dough shapes about 2cm apart on the baking sheets
- Bake in the oven for about 6 minutes for the small shapes and 8 minutes for the big shapes. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to completely cool
- Put all the filling ingredients in a bowl and beat together until smooth and creamy. Spread the filling onto each of the larger cookies. Top each one with a smaller cookie. Dust with icing sugar to serve.